Monday, July 2, 2007
Show Low
Last week the kids and I, along with Shelly and Dallin headed on up to Show Low to stay with Kamry and Tyler for a little getaway, to celebrate the 4th and attend Jaxxen's baby blessing. We headed out on Wednesday afternoon. I drove the minivan with Shell and kids in tow. The road trip went well. We arrived in the later afternoon. The plan was for Will to meet up in Show Low on Friday night...he would hitch a ride with Christina (Tyler's sister) and Braden.
Wednesday evening was spent riding Tyler's quad. Jaden and Mariah LOVED it! Easton enjoyed playing outdoors on the lawn. Thursday started to turn sour with Easton. He was exceptionally irritable and pretty inconsolable. I wasn't sure what to do with him!? He cried and whined, and cried and whined ALL DAY LONG!!!! I couldn't catch a break with him. Shelly was convinced that he just wasn't feeling well. I got to the point where I lost all patience and was just down right exhausted! I attempted to lay him down for a nap in his pack n play since I knew he was tired, but he just screamed bloody murder and would not settle down. I was really missing Will by this point. The day wore on and luckily Mariah and Jaden kept occupied by playing outside and riding the quad some more. I finally got all the kids to bed where we all shared a room and prayed for a good nights sleep. Nope, Easton wouldn't have it! I was up with him off and on that whole night. (Sadly, my 6 week old great nephew woke up less and slept better than Easton.)
Friday was a new day and I hoped for a fresh start. I decided after the hellish day before I would go out and buy some Motrin in case something were bothering Easton. Couldn't hurt at this point right? But, Easton decided he didn't want to let up. Friday morning was spent listening to him cry and cry and cry. I couldn't do anything for him. I knew he had to be so tired from the lack of sleep the night before! So, I drugged him with motrin and tried to put him down for his morning nap. He screamed as soon as we entered the bedroom. I was seriously ready to lose it with him!!!! I headed back downstairs where I didn't have to hear him scream and kept myself occupied while on the verge of a nervous breakdown! I knew he'd eventually cry himself to sleep. Well, or so you would have thought. After 1.5 hours of continuous screaming, Shelly came down to inform me that he just wouldn't settle down. She had gone in at one point to try and settle him down, but he wouldn't. I was ready to snap. I couldn't deal with him anymore. I knew if I went up to get him the results probably wouldn't be good. So I decided it was safer for him to cry. AFter 2 straight hours of him crying and NOT falling asleep I finally went up to get him. He was SO worked up! And I was so on the verge of throwing myself off a cliff. I was so physically, emotionally and mentally drained. I had to leave the house where I knew between Kamry, Shelly and Bre, Easton would be in better hands than my own.
I got on the phone and called Will. I lost it and just started crying. I told him what was going on, and luckily he would be up in Show Low later that evening. I got off the phone and cried some more wondering why I got such a challenging child?? I sat and prayed for a lot of things and enjoyed some serenity where I could finally regain my composure. I sat there and realized just how much I rely on Will. He helps a lot with the kids. I needed a break. I couldn't help to think how in the world single moms do it alone with little ones! Being a mom is the hardest job in the world.
Friday afteroon we spent the day running errands. We stopped in a cute boutique called 'Blossom'. They had the cutest things! I was too broke to buy anything, although some good retail therapy would have really done me good!! ha ha Easton seemed to be a bit more calm that afternoon, but probably because he was so exhausted. He fell asleep in the car on the way home from errands. I, thankfully, got a good nap too while he slept. Shortly after our nap, Will arrived. I was SO happy to see him. He was a huge relief. He spent the rest of the night taking over with Easton. And it really did me and Easton some good. I really think he did miss his daddy. He did so much better for Will.
Saturday we got up and the Tyler and Will took the kids out quadding. They had a blast. Will had gotten Easton down for a nap before they left so I got to stay at the house and enjoy some quiet time to myself. It was fabulous. That evening we all piled in to cars and headed to Heber for the annual 4th of July fireworks show. (they always do it the weekend before the 4th) Easton loved it because he had free rein of being outside. Mariah and Jaden had fun running around and playing before the fireworks show started. I was worried that Easton would cry through the whole show, but to my surprise he actually really liked it. He sat in my lap in awe and would point to the fireworks and babble something. It was actually pretty funny. It was a cool show. Traffic wasn't bad after the show was done. It was late and we all had to get up early for church. Got the kids down with no problem and did last minute preparations for Sunday. We all slept well. Well, except for Jaden who very early in the morning wandered upstairs to the room where Christina was sleeping and crawled in bed with her! She was startled to say the least. Apparently, Jaden couldn't find me (even though I was asleep on the mattress bed right beside him) and went looking for me. We all got a good laugh out of that one!
Sunday morning came way too early and we had to be to church before 8:00 church. Jaxxen's blessing was sweet. After church Kamry and Tyler had a luncheon for family and friends. The food was yummy. We sat around for a few hours, then packed the van up and headed for home sweet home! I was soooo ready to be back at home. Easton and Jaden fell asleep right away and I even got a little sleep on the way home. Mariah rode home with Bre and the two of them had fun together. It was so nice to sleep in my own bed again. Easton has been a bit better now that he is back in his own element. I will just pray that by next year he will be a better sport for the annual 4th of July trip to Show Low!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Looks like you had some fun! Sorry we missed out, one year we will finally make it to see the fireworks! Who's idea to shave Ty's head? He is sporting the "Jeff" look!
You'll have to plan for next year! It is a lot of fun.
It was Tyler's idea to shave his head. Kamry was opposed but she let him do it anyway. He ended up getting sunburned! lol
wow sounds like a crazy trip! poor guy! probably just missed his dad! my baby always gets mad and fussy when it is normally time for dad to come home. and if the hubby isn't home i have a pissy baby all evening! i'm with you on the "I couldn't be a single mom". my husband does way too much for me and the kids!
I'm sorry he is such a hard baby for you. You're right, you wouldn't want to be a single mom. I felt like it many times when my hubby would be out of town for a week and my babies were little. Luckily they were pretty good, but it still wore me out!
Post a Comment