Ever been to the Superstition Ranch Market? Gosh I love that place! I haven't been there in forever and ever, so today I decided to load up the kids and go, finally. I've been wanting to go for some time now, but never got around to doing it. They have the best selection AND the best prices of fresh produce around! Mariah was talking about how she wished we had some fruit around the other day and I thought, gee, I need to get some fruits and veggies in this house so we can add a little healthiness to our lives. If I have fruit or veggies, Mariah will eat them. If I have junk, she will eat that. But my boys, on the other hand, don't take a liking to fruits or veggies much at all. Bummer. But, we're trying and I will keep trying. Julie's produce basket was the one that really inspired me to do this after reading all of the contents she got in her basket. If I don't keep up with the Superstition Ranch Market, the basket deal might just be the next best bet! I not only got apples, bananas and mangos which are pictured here....but, I also got strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, grapes, canteloupes, carrots, potatoes, jalepenos, bell peppers, white corn, mushrooms, green onions, tomatoes, tortillas, and a loaf of yummy honey whole wheat bread. All in the name of healthy eating! Yay for us! Now we just have to eat it all up before it goes bad. I did put the blueberries in the freezer because I love to use them for pancakes and Mariah loves to eat them frozen. She also likes when grapes are frozen as well! I'd also like to make some strawberry jam with my strawberries. Mmmmmm.
(Oh, don't ya love the fruit bowl Melanie won from bunko awhile back!?!)





4 comments:
Alright You've now got me wanting chips and "your salsa" you have got to give me the recipe for it. I lOvE homemade salsa, but have never made any. YUM! Way 2 go on all those fruits and vegies...don't let your strawberries get like Jenny's. :)
oh shoot, i forgot about your diet. you're at the end though right? soon, soon. i got the recipe from tammy, but i kind of improvised with it. i can give you tam's recipe though. it's very easy and oh so yummy. this is the first time i've made it in a very long time.
I just was thinking how cute that bunko bowl looked. Way to be healthy! And the salsa looked yummy. Gonna have to make some more!
sound so yummy! and i like the idea of getting your own fruit the you are sure to get what you want instead of random weird stuff. love the bunko bowl. my kids love fruits and veggies too!
Post a Comment