I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with finances. What else is new right? Story of our lives. We have been struggling financially for a while now, and after going over our bills tonight that need to be paid tomorrow with Will's paycheck, the light at the end of the tunnel doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight...still! I KNOW Will works hard to make ends meet and works hard at school, and our whole being piss-poor is temporary, but dang it I'm sooooooo sick of being broke!!! It's really getting to me. It's very depressing. It's stressful. I'm at a loss as to what to do anymore. I know Will pretty much feels the same way. I've recently had to take myself off of my "happy" meds which isn't helping me in this situation at all but I'm trying really hard to stay "happy" without the help of medication.
It's hard enough to worry about money, but when you have to tell your kids 'no' again and again, over the simplest things it's pretty heartwrenching. Honestly, I've gotten accustomed to going "without" now. I just long for the day where I can go to Target and drop some "fun" money on me, the kids and Will. Something so simple. And when I think about people like Mariah's dad who makes her feel bad for wearing "scroungy" clothes and has no clue what it's like to struggle financially...it really gets me down. I know that when Will is done with school and gets set with a nice job I will look back at this time in my life and probably be thankful. Right now it's just so hard to see it that way. I don't want a lot, I just want enough. Does that make sense? Ok, enough of the pity party for myself. I just needed to get it out I guess. I know the Lord has blessed me and my family in many other ways that I need to probably be more thankful for. It's just hard when stress causes so much tension in a relationship and in the home. If you wouldn't mind, please say a little prayer for my family....it would be greatly appreciated!!! I know I have been blessed with wonderful friends and family!
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Of course you can ask for prayers, and of course you'll be in my prayers. I know how hard it is for you right now. I've been in that same exact place. We were there early on, and then again when Blaine lost his job a few years ago. I know it's no fun, and I know it's hard to not be able to buy anything for your kids, or have anything extra for yourself. And I know what a jerk the ex is. I'm sorry! What else can I do?
Oh and try some 5-HTP. It helps increase your serotonin levels so it makes you happier, and as a bonus it helps control your appetite. You can get it at Wal-mart cheap.
I have been in your same situation with $ and believe me if it weren't for my parents we would still be in that situation. But the reason why we are here is cause I basically had nervous break down a little less than a year ago and thought that my life was basically over, over money. We lived paycheck to paycheck for the last 8 years with no end in sight. I know it is hard now, but things will get better. Remember your friends are there. I would have never gotten through my situation without my close friends.
melanie i hope you know how much i love you . you have been a great friend to me and i wish there was more that i could do for you. i think about you all the time and will continue to pray for you. let's have girls night out more often. i think it helps.
You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make.
- Gorden B. Hinckley
I have totally lived that life, and it does get better. i had six kids when Lance finally graduated. and it did totally suck for years on end. i have been on meds for years too, and it never helped as much as learning to live with-in my means. and while it isn't fun or great, it is better than totally struggling, and yeah I shop at savers, on half price day, the have 99cent mondays, and i got limited too jeans for my daughter, and old navy for my sons, and gap for the baby. as much as I like target, it isn't cheap enough for me. I think their regular prices suck, so i either do mega clearance shopping, or shop at lame stores like Savers, that have awesome , but slightly used stuff. and it takes time. I'll totally tell you all my secret favorite places to shop for kids clothes. if you want to know. It will get better, you just have to survive one day/week/month/paycheck at a time! and when you finally have your husband graduate, it will be so great! you just gotta survive in the meantime. and yeah we still fight about money, and my husband got laid off in June, so our steady good paycheck was in the toilet after 6 months. I love that quote! i wish I would've had it when we started the hell called school!
i'm really sorry. we are in pretty much the same situation. hopefully with ben graduating at the end of this summer, we'll be able to get a good job and i'll have enough to actually buy a new shirt once in a while. :) you guys are in my prayers. hang in there.
I love ya more than words can express. You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers. I know things stink right now. As always let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Post a Comment