Thursday, July 5, 2007

sick kid = no fun

Much to my surprise, Easton pretty much slept thru the night last night. He didn't wake til 6am for a feeding and went right back to bed til about 8:30. Not bad for him. After he woke up he sat on the recliner with me and just babbled and babbled as if he were telling a story. Just after 9 I made him another bottle which he drank most of. Shortly after finishing he was sitting on my lap when "bleh" he projectile vomited all over me, him and the couch!!!! He wasn't very happy after that. I got the tub started and made Mariah sit with him in the bathroom while I got a load of wash started and cleaned up the couch. Now he's been kinday fussy all morning. I'm not sure what the deal is? He puked like that not even a month ago during sacrament meeting. What luck I have. Hoping the day doesn't get any worse! I was hoping to get some deep cleaning done in the bathrooms and around the house today, but that is probably gonna take the back burner. Oh well. The fun life of being a mom!

4 comments:

Crissybug said...

Melanie! That totally bites! I really don't know how you do it. Easton is such a cutie, but man, he really gives you a run for the money. I hope that he feels better soon, and things can get back to normal.

Thanks again for coming last night. It was really fun having you guys over.

Crazymamaof6 said...

yikes! projectile vomit is the worst kind! have you been giving him the ZANTAC still? could just be reflux acting up again. Pierce has his days still. most of the time we don't have to give it to him but sometimes, he needs it.

Melanie and Will said...

Julie, Easton has been off of his prilosec for his reflux since about 9 months. He's pretty much gotten rid of the reflux. He was a silenter refluxer too, but when he did spit up it was just a bit. I'm pretty sure he has something. He ended up with diarrhea too. He has whined all day long and about driven me nuts!! I hope he feels better soon!!!

tammy said...

There's nothing I hate more than kids throwing up. At least when they're babies they're not eating as many solid foods that have to come back up...hate that the worst! I'm sorry! Hopefully it won't go through the other two kids - and you! Do you need to stay home with him tomorrow night? I still don't know what we're doing....we should've just had bunko I'm thinking.