Ok, Julie....here you go...my 10 things....
I think having a clean and neat house is satisfying. I'm talking no dust, carpets vacuumed, tile mopped, no clutter, toys put away and organized, no dishes in the sink, laundry caught up, folded and put away. That is clean and neat. THAT is satisfying. Only if it lasts for one day. Satisfying.
I think having time alone without my kids is thrilling! Is that sad? Like going to Target or Walmart childless is so thrilling to me. No rush. No whining to listen to. No crying to listen to. Or grocery shopping with no kids is thrilling. Going to the bathroom with no kids is thrilling. Computer time alone in peace and quiet...Thrilling.
I think Dr. Pepper is fantastic. Need I say more? An ice cold cup of the carbonated beverage going down feeling "the burn"....Fantastic!
I think conception and the growth of a fetus to full term is amazing. I mean to imagine what our children started out as and then after 9 months we meet the true miracle of life....Amazing.
I think the illegal aliens that come here and live in our state and receive State benefits is ridiculous! Please, there are some here using someone else's social security number fraudulantly and the State knows this, yet will not cut them off of their benefits. Ridiculous.
I think watching 2 separate gay couples at dinner together is hilarious. For some reason I got a kick out of watching them. I know, I know don't ask me why. To watch their mannerisms to each other as a couple, I just found it hilarious.
I think watching an animal die or get killed is sad. While of course it is sad when a person dies, I, for some reason, get really uspet when I see an animal die. For instance, the other night Will and I were watching a show on Animal Planet about different albino species. A group of baboons were about to be attacked by a leopard or some other animal, and the mother baboon of a baby albino baboon ran and grabbed her baby to save it. She ran up a tree but accidentally dropped the baby. The baby died and the mother baboon sat with her baby for 3 whole days caring for her. It really got to me and had me in tears. I know that's the wild and life, but I hate to see it happen. Very sad.
I think it's very irritating when a family at church, particularly during sacrament meeting, will let their baby or child cry AND not take them out to quiet them down. I think it's irritating when snowbirds are here and they are clueless on the road! I think it's irritating when someone in line ahead of you at Super Walmart has a whole cart full and decides to ad-match EVERYTHING and includes each store ad to prove the ad-match, meanwhile you have a few things in your cart and are wrestling with a 3 yr old who wants every candy item in sight, and a whiney baby who has just had it. Irritating.
I think it's funny when the 3 yr old knows he has to fart, so he quickly runs over to daddy and sits on him and farts. Now that's funny.
I think it's exciting when you have a "little" extra to spend. Like being able to get a pedicure. Or splurging at Target on yourself. Or renting a couple of movies you haven't seen from Blockbuster. Or going out to eat. Kinda sad to some I'm sure, but oh so Exciting to me.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
love your top ten! i am so with you on so many of them but admit i stay in sacrament meeting and don;t take my kids out. otherwise is it a parade! not cute! and then they figure out all they have to do is be loud and I'll take em out! bag that crap. but I'll sit and distract them asap. love the spending money one. and the free time thrills! I am so with you on those!
Love all of these and feel totally the same. Except I'm not hooked on DP. Give me a coke or pepsi instead. And it totally broke my heart about the baboon holding it's dead baby for three days. I almost started crying reading that!
Good job on your top ten! Sorry I haven't talked to you in forever. But guess what, that bag that I wanted from Target that they never had, well I was in Iowa this last week and they had it there. I didn't buy it but I try calling you to tell you. It was kind of funny. Well I will see you soon.
i'm totally right there with you on the walmart thing. i hate going to walmart. it's just too cheap to pass up, though. also, love having extra to spend on. there's nothing like being able to go out to dinner and to not have to cook or buying something new and fun... even if it's just a cheap bracelet or something.
Post a Comment