Today was yet another busy, but productive day. I would have to say, in all fairness, that Will had a MUCH busier and productive day than myself. But I did contribute some.
Tomorrow night we are hosting a Saladmaster dinner presentation at our home, so today was the day to get things done that we've been putting off, mostly because of the lack of money. This morning I started off by stopping by the bank and then went in search for a bench seat to go with my kitchen table. We have 2 couples that are coming over for the dinner tomorrow night which means there will be 6 adults and we only have seating for 4. We are eventually going to need more seating at our table once Easton gets out of the high chair, so we decided to try and find the bench seat now that we lack seating for company.
By the end of hitting up Frys Marketplace, Big Lots, Kmart and a used furniture shop near my house called the Shabby Shack, Easton was trying my patience more than ever and was super crabby and unconsolable, so we decided to head home. Frys Marketplace was the only store I could find that had anything close to what I was looking for and in the budget range. But I didn't purchase it just yet until I made a few phone calls around town.
When Will got home from work later this afternoon he busted out the Rug Doctor and started on the carpet that needed some cleaning. Before we moved in, the carpet was pretty much brand new and I had been keeping it up with spot cleaning for quite awhile. Up until recently, it's gotten trashed by stupid sippy cups that are "supposed" to be "spill-proof" and who knows what else? Pfft. So, rules are gonna go hardcore now. No sippys on the carpet unless it's water. Jaden isn't gonna like that rule so much. But, Jaden did however LOVE helping daddy to clean the carpets! He was soooo thrilled when he saw the carpet cleaner! And, actually, Easton was too because he thought it was a cool toy to climb onto. Go figure. Jaden is my biggest helper. He l
oves, loves, loves to help daddy with fix-it projects.
Once the carpets were done we loaded up the kids and went to grab a bite to eat while the carpets were drying. After dinner we decided to go purchase the bench seat at Frys Marketplace. We also decided that we need a big area rug to cover the heavy traffic in the entry way area so that we won't have to be spot cleaning the carpets all the time. We checked TJ Maxx, Ross and Walmart. No such luck of what we were wanting. I will swing by Target tomorrow though. We did find a smoking deal on a ceiling fan at Walmart that we badly need above the kitchen table though. Our kitchen always stays very warm and it's not pleasant to sit at and eat while sweating. We had been wanting to buy a fan for the kitchen for awhile so we didn't pass up the deal. I'm excited for that to get put up and stay cool!
We got home just in time for the kids to take baths. Easton was getting quite ready for bed. He only got one nap today. While I bathed the kids Will finished up a last round on the carpets with just water to steam them. He insisted they needed it one more time without soap. After that him and Jaden put the bench seat together. It's not exactly what I was wanting but I have been wanting to refinish my kitchen table and chairs anyway, so this gives me motivation to do so. When this will actually happen, who knows?
Looking back on today I don't feel like I did hardly anything compared to Will. Geez, my husband worked pretty darn hard today. His day started at 3:40am and is just now going to bed at 10pm only to wake up again at 3:15am. And tomorrow he will have yet another busy day with work and will have to come home and install the ceiling fan which he says isn't a big deal at all. I'm hoping he will be able to get a nap in before the dinner thing starts at 6:00. Thanks Will for busting your booty! You're the man! I'm grateful you work so hard for us! I love you!





4 comments:
Busy day! You both got a lot accomplished. I want to see a pic of your new bench!
oh ya, i forgot to take a pic of the bench before i uploaded my pics and i was just too lazy. it's nothing spectacular and it doesn't match my table really. i'll try and get one soon.
hey, and i think you sell yourself short, you got the kids dressed and fed, you bathed them, shopped with then which is the worst thing ever!and you shopped again. i doubt will has the patience to go alone with the kids to hunt for the best deal, and the right item. and it is a place to sit, it doesn't have to totally match. my benches don't match actually. they match each other but not the table. nobody notices or cares. you rock!give your self credit for all the stuff you do, that you don't even think about. i list off the small stuff, because if i get nothing else done at least i did that. and have fun at your party. i hate having parties! for all the stress that comes with them. cleaning, cooking, and wanting my house to be better than it is.
Mel those pictures are so stinkin cute of the bum, love em
Post a Comment