Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cali here we come!

Tomorrow we are heading out on our mini getaway to San Diego for the long weekend AND to celebrate the big 3-0 for Melanie! Totally excited. This is a much needed vacay. We will hit the SD Zoo either Saturday or Sunday, haven't quite decided yet, and which ever day we don't go to the zoo we are taking the kiddos to hang out at the beach. Jaden is super excited to build sandcastles like Curious George did on today's episode! He cannot wait. I was lucky enough to find some clearanced pales and shovels and such for this trip at Walmart the other day. Go Walmart! I originally tried Target but had no such luck there....all the summer clearance stuff was long gone. Then on the other days where we don't have a whole day to spend we'll go walk around Seaport Village or Horton Plaza or Balboa park and just enjoy the time away from the heat! So, in case Will's laptop doesn't get a connection at our hotel....I'll update about our trip next week....stay tuned.

7 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i am so jealous!! i need a getaway. have fun!!!

tammy said...

Have fun! I lOvE San Diego!! We'll miss you at dinner tonight, but your's is up next!! Happy early B-day!

Jen said...

Have fun! We will get together when you get back!

Shannon said...

How fun is that! I love San Diego...wish I was going too. Have fun!

TZ Crew said...

Have fun Mel. Ill call you on your Bday!!! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have fun!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow happy birthday early?! and way fun plans! hope all goes a s expected! and don't forget your sunblock!