Sunday, August 5, 2007

Bittersweet news

Well during sacrament meeting today the bishop announced that our ward and three other wards in the stake were being HIGHLY urged to attend a short meeting tonight hosted by our stake president. We were not able to attend because we had family over celebrating Darren's birthday. Can you guess the news? Yep, the wards were realigned and, sadly, our ward that we just moved into not long ago was completely removed and distributed into the three other wards. I'm a bit sad about it only because some of the good friends we met are now in the other wards. It's bittersweet. It will be good to be in the new ward so that we can meet new friends there though. LUCKILY, we have the cool Princes, Smiths and Allens in our ward still....yay! The Princes came over tonight and gave us the new layout. I'm a little bummed and a little excited. I guess I don't like change so much. I was just getting in my comfort zone. And, sadly today I had to leave church early because Easton wasn't feeling so well and was just plain difficult so I don't feel like I got a "farewell" goodbye. And last week I had to substitute in nursery so I didn't really get to see anyone last week either. Oh well. I guess there's no looking back now. Only moving forward! I hope we can make new friends and adjust well in our new ward starting next week!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

That is hard! It took us awhile to adjust to this ward too. Did you get to keep some of my "favorite" people? Sorry we missed out on the cinnamon rolls tonight! They sound so good right about now!

Melanie and Will said...

nope...none of your favs! there is only a bitty section of our ward that stayed and the rest was divided out.

Crazymamaof6 said...

at least you have your fave friends. like the prince's

tammy said...

Change is hard I agree. I hated to leave my old ward, especially because this one was 600+ when we got here. I was praying for it to be split. Now they have and I love it! It makes it so much easier to become close. It's good you still have some friends.

whitney said...

man that stinks. they just did that to my home ward in sacramento, but it made the decision for my parents to move a lot easier. oh well.

Brandi said...

You'll come to like the new ward just as much, Hopefully.. I am actually having a hard time liking our new ward too... There are a lot of young couples, but most of them are in law school, so different situations.. I don't really feel like I fit in quite yet.. I'm sure you'll come to like it though, I'm convinced it just takes time..