Monday, October 15, 2007

A trip to the ER...

Is what ya get with this! Yep, a nasty gash. Head split wide open.

4 staples later and he's all better!



So this afternoon, I had just laid down to rest for a bit. Will and the kids were out in the back room. Jaden and Easton were at the table having a snack. That's when I heard the "thump". Easton fell backwards on the chair and landed on the tile floor. I could tell by the initial scream paused with a long moment of silence while he caught his breath that it was gonna be bad. Will brought him back to the bathroom and said we'd probably need to take a trip to the ER. So we quickly loaded the kids up, dropped Jaden and Mariah off with a good friend (thank you Sam!) and headed over to the new hospital. Wow, it was nice! We walked in with NO ONE waiting in the ER. They immediately took us back. We were in and out in 40 minutes!!! Easton did very, very well. So well in fact that you wouldn't have even known anything was wrong with the kid. He's back to his normal, busy self. Sadly, I don't think he is the type of kid to learn his lessons though as he was trying to climb all over things in the hospital room! Staples are in for 10 days. I'm hoping he will sleep alright tonight. Guess he won't be getting a haircut as soon as I'd hoped for?

13 comments:

lorelei (Fab D*zines) said...

ouch. glad he is doing better now, hope it heals quickly

tammy said...

Ouch! Poor little guy! Nice that you had no waiting in the ER. That never happens!

Crissybug said...

Holy cow! That looks like it hurt so bad! I would have freaked out! If they had more staples at different parts of his head he could be Frankenstein for Halloween...hee hee.

I will have to keep in mind to head to the new hospital if something happens. The ER probably won't stay empty for long, but atleast here in the beginnning. I am excited because that is where I get to have this next baby! I love new places.

RPH said...

ouch mel! poor little guy! sounds like he took it like a champ though. what a brave kid!

Kim said...

Gross! That one is way worse then Brooklyn's cut. Glad the ER was not very busy and that you were seen so quickly. Now you are going to need to update soon cause i am not sure if i can look at your blog until that picture is farther down the page. I get a weak stomach easily on stuff like that.

Willyum said...

Just FYI. If any of you run into a point in your life when you need to choose between stitches and staples, TAKE THE STAPLES. Your kids will appreciate it and you'll not go crazy twatching the Dr try to poke a needle your child a dozen times, not to mention the anethetics.

Jen said...

Poor Beaston (LOL gavin was asking for him yesterday, I laugh every time he calls him that!) I hope he is ok and slept well. AWESOME that you got in and out so fast. I was at the ER for over 2 hours for them to just end up GLUING Gav's chin shut, it was horrible!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

poor thing!! did you go to the hospital on power? love that place in and out! hope he does well and doesn't reinjure himself.

Anonymous said...

Oopsie, that hurts! Glad he is doing ok, those staples look scary. My daughter did the same thing in the back of her head...she hit it on the windowsill when she was running behind the couch...bloody hair is gross.

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh dang! poor baby! maybe i am glad we have that nasty carpet in our dining room! poor guy! and ugh! i can imagine the climbing too! yikes! huge bummer for today! and i bet the staples were way faster than stiches would be. and you couldn't just fix that with a butterfly bandage! OUCH!
hope he heals quick and quits climbing for your sanity!

Anonymous said...

ouch. That looks like it hurt! Hope he feels better soon! Monica

Katie said...

OUCH! That's a nasty gash! I'm glad he's ok!

Patti Price said...

ouch poor Easton!! I am glad he is feeling better and did so well. Dawson had staples in his head at 2. I think I was more scared than he was, lol.