I have an awesome wife who still feels that after all she does for me day in and day out that she has not done enough. Lets not forget that she is caring for 3 other kids while making me the happiest man on earth.
I had a great 21st birthday. Wendy & Hal, owners of HouseMaster, brought me Quiznos, 12 pack of DP, and 2 quarts of my favorite ice cream. Mel brought the boys to my office and celebrated with me at work. Then she let me come home, rest a little and then she followed me all throughout Home Depot while I fantasized. I did get to purchase some stuff with the generous gift card my MIL gave me, thank you Vannie. One of the gifts I bought was a rubber mallet for Jaden!! He thought it was the greatest thing and when I said we will buy it there was no turning back, even when we found out it was twice as much as we had thought it was! But now I have a rubber mallet that I could borrow from J-Dawg anytime I need, if I ever need, which I never have in my life to this point, but who knows what the future holds, maybe I'll need it sooner than I think. I also got my air compressor that I have been wanting for a while from Costco. Now Ben can come and get his giant antique air compressor that is leaking oil all over the place, I won't be needing it any longer.
For dinner, which I was reluctant to eat because I was still stuffed from an early lunch, I took my family to Texas Roadhouse, my favorite ribs in the whole world. Eric, my lil brother, met us there. We were stuck at roadhouse for almost 2 hours while the waitress ignored us pretty much all evening, and then when I complained to the manager she found nothing wrong with the service that we were rendered, but instead found that they didn’t get my brothers order out to him as soon as they should have and ended up paying for his meal!!! WHAT THE HE**. I should have played “but it’s my birthday” card, but those of you who know me know that I am too modest and to honest to exploit the issue. Oh well. We still eat at Roadhouse for less than we do at McD’s! Our meal was only $16 bucks.
The day of celebration ended with family prayer and scripture reading. The kids went down, eventually, and Mel laid by my side softly scratching my back, my arms, and my head as I retired for the night not looking forward to work the next morning & a freakin' Spanish exam that I didn’t study for at all.
I have to say it was a good day. Thanks for the calls everyone. My phone didn't stop ringing all freakin' day. I may be a year older now, but with each year that passes I get better lookin'. Thanks to Mel for the dedication and love. Each day I am with her I feel like a better man than the day before because thats the way she makes me feel. I love you and I am looking forward our eternities together.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
So you are 21 now...hmmm....I wish I was 21 hee hee. I am glad that your birthday turned out well.
Way to go Melanie & Will!!!!
Happy Birthday! What a lovely husband you have there Melanie!
Post a Comment