Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Stepping It Up

....yes peeps, I have decided to get off my lazy butt and get my booty in gear! I'm tired of being fat. I strongly dislike what my body has come to these days. I'm at my heaviest I have been without being pregnant. I don't like that. My self-esteem has pretty much come to a zero. I hate to admit that but it is the truth. So I have decided since it's the start of a new week and a new month, I'm gonna try harder to shed some extra pounds.

Yesterday I took the boys on a bike ride and we rode up to the park since the weather is starting to get nicer. And today, thanks to a tip from Dendi, I decided to try this for the first time in my life (it was not the ultimate tae bo though)
But man, did tae bo kick my butt! It's a 30 minute workout but I was proud that I actually followed thru and did it! As hard as the workout was for me, I feel really good that I did it. Even Easton liked it! It was so funny, he came in and was trying to follow and copy!! I wish I could have got it on video. It cracked me up!

Tonight a lady called from the ward to remind me about stake women's softball. Will talked me into playing. I figured it would be fun and another way to get some exercise in and meet some of the ladies from the ward. Some of the girls wouldn't play even though I tried to convince them otherwise. It ended up being a fun night. Will came and brought the kids to support me. Maybe next week the other ladies will join *wink, wink*!

So wish me luck in the weight loss department! I know some of my fellow blogging buddies are in the process of the same goal. Hopefully I can be as successful (Brandi you are looking good!).

6 comments:

Jen said...

Good Job! I know that when I follow I feel so good. If you want to try Pilates I have a great 20 min dvd! Yeah for the softball! Last time I played I filled in as one of my Laurels and well let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight and I was soooo outta shape!

Melanie and Will said...

jen, i might take ya up on the dvd offer!

Brandi said...

Wow, I feel so flattered that you mentioned me of all people.. Thanks :0) Its definitely not easy & takes time, but I keep trying to do everything that I possibly can, the little bike rides & softball things add up.. So, keep up the good work- you'll start feeling better in so many ways!!! :0)

RPH said...

best of luck to you melanie! i am so impressed at your motivation! be sure to post about it again in about 6 weeks. it will be exciting to hear your progress!

Kim said...

Do you have something in your eye? Those 2 wink winks are not for me. Let me just tell you that I will NOT be joining in and that you can save time on the phone and not even try to call me and try to convince me. I talked to Crystal and she said that it would be fun to have the 1st monday of the month be where we go to the park like we did this last one. What do you think? Would you want to do it once a month? Good Luck with the workout and if you need a gym buddy call me.

Anonymous said...

GOod for you! It does get easier! Just getting out and being a little more active..will make you feel better! Once you have conquered this one..you should try the ultimate tae video. It is 50 min. and I think I lasted...maybe 20 min. Just about killed me!

GoOd lUcK!