Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008

I guess it's better late than never to post the Easter festivities. A couple of weeks ago, we started the celebration off with attending the Easter pagaent since we hadn't been in forever so that we could help the kids know why we REALLY celebrate Easter. Sorry didn't get any pics that night.
Then for FHE the week before Easter sunday we did the tradition of dying easter eggs with the kids. Jaden enjoyed it the most and wanted to do more even after we ran out of eggs. But all in all, we all had fun creating pretty or unique eggs.
Sunday morning the kids got up and did the egg hunt out in our backyard. Easton loved it but didn't quite catch on as much as the older kids.
Sunday evening we had Easter dinner at my brother Scott's house. It was an awesome dinner. Yummy food. And we ate out in the backyard that his wife Jonalyn has done so much with all kinds of beautiful flowers and lots of trees. The weather was perfect!! The kids had another egg hunt there and aunt Jonalyn had just bought brand new baby chicks and a baby duck (which was my fav!). They were sooooo adorable and they were a huge hit with the kids. We're actually thinking about getting our own! We'll see though.
Also we did go to church on Sunday which was good because the kids got to be reminded about our Savior and why we do celebrate Easter....ya know, not just for candy and eggs. I'm grateful for my Savior and his sacrifice so that we can all live again! What peace that can give us all.








(cousins)


HOW CUTE ARE THEY!!!!????!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

Hey wait where are those 2 adorable little boys?!. . . LOL, just kidding. We are sorry we missed out on the easter egg hunt, but glad we got to hang out. Jonalyn is right we need to do more family dinners they are fun. Looks like your kids had fun coloring their eggs, we were in such a hurry I didn't take any pics of that, and I still haven't blogged any of it either.

Crazymamaof6 said...

not late at all i still have spring break to post. way cute and fun easter. i'm mean and we didn't do eggs. MEAN!well i forgot and we ran out of time. but still. cute chicks and duck! so fun! we thought about that but with dogs and cats it wasn't happening. SO cute though.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

those chicks are sooo cute! sounds like such a nice day.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a fun Easter. I miss going to the Pageant, I'm sure my boys would really love it. It has been crazy at my house sorry for not commenting on Easton's surgery, I'm glad everything went well. I hope you are feeling better.
Love,
Joan

Kathryn said...

I love baby chicks. I had one when I was a kid. I just wish they stayed babies. If you get a duck, you'll have to let my girls come see it.

Jod Jas Curtis said...

How fun! Your kids are getting so big... they grow up way too fast huh?!
miss you, hope you are feeling better soon.
Loves
Jodi

Kenyon said...

Are you guys keeping those ducks? They are so cute. IM glad you had a great Easter. I hope you are feeling a little better ?. :)