Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful For...

I feel like I would be ungrateful if I didn't take the opportunity to post what I am thankful for at this time of year filled with traditions and festivities and love.

*I am thankful for the Gospel. That it was restored through our prophet Joseph Smith and what a great man he was. That he translated the scriptures so that we now have teachings of old and new to use in our everyday lives. I am so thankful to be a member of the true church and live in these latter days.

*I am thankful for a wonderful husband and father of my children! For the sacrifices he makes working two jobs AND going to school. His days are loooong. I cannot express enough appreciation for that sacrifice he makes just to provide for our family. He is kind, loving, and very supportive and I love him for that too.

*I am thankful to be blessed with three very beautiful and healthy children. For the smiles and laughs they provide me each and everyday even when at times they can drive me crazy.

*I am thankful for family and friends. For the support they provide at any given time. Whether it be an ear to lend, or a car to lend, or watching my kids while mom and dad can have a night out, and just being there and loving me unconditionally.

*I am thankful for my freedom and to live in the good ole USA. I am thankful for the service men and women who fight for my freedom and sacrifice their lives for me and my family.

*I am thankful for hot water. Well, really I am thankful for running water mostly. For the modern day conveniences I take advantage of each and everyday.

*I am thankful for a roof over my head. A home to live in. The Spirit who dwells in my home. The safety it provides.

*I am thankful for my bike and my bike trailer.

*I am thankful for the plan of salvation. I am thankful for my forever family. I am thankful for temples.

The Lord has blessed me in many ways. Although lately we have had our share of trials, I know I have much more than many people can even dream. I am thankful for everything that I do have. And I hope everyone is thankful at this time of year as well.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

6 comments:

tammy said...

That's a great list Mel. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim said...

Love the bike and trailer one. What would you do without it?

How did dinner go at your house? We will be by for leftovers. J/K! Come out and play tomorrow.

Shannon said...

Happy Thanksgiving! There are so many things to be thankful for, what a nice post! Thanks =D

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sista!
So true. Hope you had a good thanksgiving.

Nancy said...

Mel your the best. I love people who are grateful for everything and see the cup always half full. What a wonderful thing to pass done to your children.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i love reading what people are thankful for, it makes me think how grateful i am for the same things.

happy thanksgiving!!