



Apparently Jaden was feeling left out of the "injury" department! j/k. Late yesterday afternoon while Will had just finished up mowing the backyard and I was pushing Easton in his tree swing, I heard Jaden from inside the house let out a cry that told me he was hurt. I ran in just a tad too late to see what had actually happened but to see him between the fireplace and our big toy bin holding his eye....blood started dripping down immediately. I picked him up and took him out back quickly to show Will and assess the situation. He had definitely split his eyelid open. I wasn't sure if it needed stitching or not, but Will seemed to think it did, so we headed off to urgent care. After we arrived a nurse came out to the waiting room to take a peek and see if there was anything she could do for him there. Apparently with the delicate location of the laceration and his age, she thought it would probably be best if we took him to the ER and had him stitched up there. We really didn't want to have to go that route if we didn't have to. So we decided to take him back to a room where the nurse could clean the wound up a bit and assess it more closely to see if we could possibly avoid stitches as we know how traumatic that can be for a 3 year old. A closer look revealed that Jaden had an excellent "clean line" cut that could probably be fixed with simple steri-strips. So, that's what we decided to do rather than papoose him up and torture him with a numbing needle and stitching it up. The nurse put a bandaid over the cut until we got to the pharmacy to purchase some steri-strips. Jaden was SUCH a good sport thru the whole thing. In fact he didn't even cry once at urgent care. The WORST part was actually taking the stupid bandaid off so that we could put the steri-strip on!! If you look closely you can see where the bandaid was over his eye....it was one sticky bandaid!
Hopefully we're done with injuries for quite a while!!!
7 comments:
That is EXACTLY what Gavin's looked like on his chin! And I WASTED 2 hours in the ER only to have them glue it, so I am glad you didn't have to waste time either and could do the steri strips! Poor kid, hope he is feeling better and leaving it alone!
oh melanie! the joy of having boys huh? i am sure there will be much more of this stuff in your future! you are a trooper.
So sad when they get those major owies. I'm glad you didn't have to go to the ER>
good times with the fire place bricks...i hate those sticky band-aids. aren't boys fun?
oh huge bummer! that is no fun! you are gonna have to stockpile butterfly bandages.
Hope that things are going a little better!!
I put a sample pic on my blog tonight and your CD should be in the mail by Monday!! ;o)
Not fun! Glad it wasn't worse! It's amazing what a little tape can do!
Post a Comment