Sunday, June 24, 2007

What a weekend!


First off, I can't believe it...my baby turned ONE! Where did the time go??? Looking back over the past year, we have been thru SO much with Easton!!!! On June 22, 2006 we welcomed him into this world. He was a big boy and came out quickly and had the "scars" to prove it. His whole face was bruised for about 2 weeks. Between his colic, acid reflux, intolerance to milk-based formula, thrush, allergies, and reocurring ear infections....this kid has taken us for a ride this past year! But, needless to say he's still with us and still making us crazy! lol

Friday we celebrated his actual birthday out at a co-worker of Will's house and swam and bbq'd. That was a lot of fun. The kids swam for hours and we ate burgers and just hung out. Easton got to eat a cupcake which he wasn't too interested in at all! Bonnie, the co-workers dog, had fun helping to clean off Easton! She was an awesome dog! I want a dog like her someday.


Saturday night we followed tradition and took Easton to Hooter's for his birthday! lol We did the same for Jaden when he turned one as kind of a joke. But now it's tradition.


Tonight we had family over and had cake and ice cream. He opened a few presents. I still am just in shock that my baby is actually one! Where does the time go?





6 comments:

laura said...

what the crap! i cannot believe easton is one already. man time flies! love the blog.

Jen said...

YAY for the blog!! So sorry we missed you guys last night! I totally spaced on it and I vaguely remember Jeff telling me he thought you called, LOL. Then it wasn't until we got home and saw that you called that we both remembered. Sorry! My neice and nephew are here until tomorrow and I have been at my Mom's the entire time, and of course forgot to bring my cell with me anywhere. Let's try and do play date this week!

Willyum said...

My wife is so freakin' gorgeous. I like the blog. You're probably on it right now while the kids are fighting. I can't wait to get home and kiss you all over your body.

tammy said...

No way! Your baby is not one!! Totally LOL at the Hooter's Tradition. Luvpilot said, "Excellent idea!"

Morgan said...

Melanie, I didn't know you had a blog! So fun. I know, it is crazy how fast time flies. Asher is almost 11 months, and I bet he will be walking soon. I can't believe it! I will add you to my link list and check back often!!

And Bill...all I have to say is: innappropriate!! ;)

Crissybug said...

I love the tradition of taking him to Hooters! That is way cool. I may have to do that when I have another boy!